This edition of Persuasion provides depth and context for A Level students, with the complete novel in an easy to read format, and a detailed introduction and bespoke glossary written by an experienced A Level teacher with academic expertise in the area.
- Affordable high quality complete text of Persuasion, ideal for AS and A Level Literature
- Perfectly pitched introductions provide the depth and demand required by AS and A Level
- Explore the contemporary context, Jane Austen’s writing, the novel’s critical reception and subsequent interpretations for a deeper reading of the text
- Expand your further reading with a list of key articles and critical and theoretical texts
- Improve your understanding of the novel with unfamiliar concepts and culturally-specific terms defined in the glossary
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction set among the gentry have earned her a place as one of the most widely read and most beloved writers in English literature. Jane Austen was born in Steventon rectory on 16th December 1775. Her family later moved to Bath and then to Chawton in Hampshire. She wrote from a young age and Pride and Prejudice was begun when she was twenty-two years old. It was originally called First Impressions. It was initially rejected by the published she submitted it too and eventually published in 1813 after much revision.
||Classic Books, Classroom Classics